Thursday 10 April 2014

10th April 2014

Let's just be clear.

I have been missing in inaction recently so this is a catch up exercise

There's just too much happening I couldn't keep up.

It's difficult to know where to start.

Let's say they decide to start charging £10 per week for the NHS, as has been recommended by an ex labour health minister with friends in private sector places.

You have to ask is that £10 no matter how many visits you make? Is it £10 a week for each adult? Will children be free or will there be family tickets? Can you get a discount by buying ahead, a season ticket as it were?

And in any case don't we pay now?

There's income tax of course but then there is NI, National Insurance which covers health including the NHS surely, as well as pensions and etc etc but not elder care, aah, of course.

So is the £10 a week a positive idea?

Will it be welcomed?

Or is it creeping privatisation by the back door as distinct from the one marked A&E, although that door is sometimes round the back in some hospitals.

Then there is the ungovernable co-op.

It is being sold off piecemeal whilst all around the folk who were brought in to save it are donning their life jackets and throwing themselves overboard.

The Six Million a year man left because it was ungovernable and now the governance guru is leaving because of threats along the lines of: I've got more votes than you and my constituency is bigger.

Meanwhile the existing committees and boards carry on as though it was all a storm in a cup of Co-op 99 tea.

And the problem of Maria was finally resolved as she decided to go of her own free will.

Which somehow didn't sort out the problem for the PM as the MilliBalls took him to task, red faced and harrumphing, in PM's QT.

What nobody seemed to realise other than her constituents interviewed on the News is that there is a linkage between a large family home lived in by elderly parents, and a massive mortgage subsidy on the one hand and a spare room tax and a reduction in housing benefit on the other.

After all if you live in a rented Housing Association house and are told by IDS that you have more room than you need and we're not subsidising it, whilst across the corridor from his office is another person who has all the rooms she needs and more and you are actually subsiding it then it will occur to you that that is just not fair.

Red Tape and bureaucracy are two (three) words for madness.

I rang the council to ask if I could pop along to the cemetery and inter my Dad's ashes next to my Mums, I am a retired vicar so I know the words and I have a trenching tool.

Aah, they said, you need to pay £350 for us to do that for you and you need the permission of the Grave Owner.

Aah, I solemnly responded that will be difficult, it will take a seance and someone who can interpret table tapping noises.

Why? They asked, because Frank Oswald is in the grave I said.

Which is how in my 69th year and without any one asking what I would like for my Birthday, I became the owner of a Grave.

So all I can say to that is to remind all those mentioned above.

Memento Mori .............

No comments:

Post a Comment